Friday, May 18, 2007

Geraniums . . .


This is an herb called Borage. I love how the petals and leaves look like a perfect star.



I went to a local greenhouse for some plants for the yard and saw these geraniums that reminded me of my childhood. My grandmother always had red geraniums in her yard and the sight and scent of these reminds me of carefree summer days and visits to grandmas house. Great memories!

These are the first pictures I've taken with my new Canon 60mm macro lens I got for mother's day. I think I'm going to like it!

4 comments:

Me said...

I think that first flower is really awesome. I've never seen one of those before. Your DOF is outstanding. Nice lens.

Sara said...

I love the dof and your bokeh on your first one. You also captured such great texture. Great fun with the news lens & great results!

Dar Kaso said...

Very nice shots today, I've never seen one of those first ones either, very cool.

Mom2Drew said...

Lovely color and DOF!!