Thursday, May 3, 2007

My Office

This is my label printer. I can print using process or spot colors with resin ribbon. The labels come on big rolls and they feed through this machine as they are printing and get rewound onto a core so they can later be applied to bottles.





We have a bottled water equipment manufacturing business and one of the jobs I do is print custom bottled water labels. Customers can design their own labels or let me give them ideas. I enjoy it, especially when I get to design a cute label like this ladybug birthday one. Not as much fun doing more serious, boring labels, like for a bank!

I took these photos using the pop-up flash on my Canon Rebel xti. There is a window to the photo left, so some natural light. We are learning about dedicated flash in my photography class.

6 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Wow...TOO cool!!!!

I really like the compositions of your photos, really makes me feel like I am there, touching that awesome machine.

amazing grace said...

How cool! i've never seen anything like this. really cool.

leah :)

Joanne Fowler said...

What a cool job! How fun is that? These shots are great too! I am still learning to use my flash correctly. These turned out great!

Sue said...

That is very interesting - seems like it would be pretty cool to design some of the lablels. That lady buy design is really cute. good job witht he lighting, i would not have guessed you used the pop up flash.

Trisha said...

Cool shots!

Tiffany said...

DOF on the last one is great...nice narration too. =)