Monday, January 7, 2008

Trumpeting Angels



Went out to take some photographs on Sunday afternoon. It was very overcast and kind of damp and cold. I went to the public cemetary to take some photos. They actually welcome visitors and even sponsor a "fun run" in the spring. It is really a beautiful, historical, quiet place with curving brick roads and hills. My husband just looked at me like I was crazy when I told him where I'd been!


These two life-size bronze trumpeting angels are from the Guardian Angels section. The sun was trying to peek through the clouds as I was taking these shots, so you can see a little of the bronze highlights. I hope I have "guardian angels" like this watching over me when I'm laid to rest!

19 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your perspective on that first one! Very nice shot!

Anonymous said...

Both of these are very cool!
Cari

HC said...

I LOVE the close up of the angel!

Tera Fraley said...

Pretty pictures!! I love the bronze.

Jess said...

Beautiful shots! I love the warm golden highlights on the bronze, they seem so warm despite the cold!

Margaret said...

Beautiful shots! Love the story behind them, too!

Anonymous said...

Neat photo! Great lighting.

Anonymous said...

Nice focus great shots

--sme said...

I like the framing of #1 best, #2 seems a little cramped towards the top right. Beautiful captures!

Ljsmom33 said...

I love the sun on the bronze!

Danielle said...

Beautiful shots. I think cemeterys can be so pretty and they are so full of history. I went to the cemetery in a snow storm one night.

Michelle said...

i love that first one! great job getting the whole angel in the viewfinder.

Val said...

These shots are very oretty!

Unknown said...

pretty statue!

Yvonne said...

Great shots!! loved the first perspective just a little better! Nice warm colors in both of them!

Mom2Drew said...

I think you've got angels like that right now...who says we have to wait until we die? I like the first one best, showing the entire wing.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous!

Tomboymama said...

Those are very pretty.

Becky said...

Love the composition of that first one. Cool angel.