Monday, April 9, 2007

Sunshine in the garden

The POTD theme this week is SUN. Looks like we won't be seeing the sun for the next few days around here, so here is my substitution. This sun is in my garden. Got this from a local artist who makes all kinds of funky outdoor sculpture. She uses old metal and glass (even bowling balls) and recycles it in her artwork. I like how the sunshine reflects off the piece of aqua colored glass and the curvy shadows created by the sun rays. I want to get out in my yard and photograph this at different times of the day to see how the shadows change.

I brightened the colors a bit in PS to bring out the aqua color of the glass and the rusty texture of the metal sun.



7 comments:

cristina said...

Ohhhh, I can totally 'feel' the texture of the rust. Pretty cool. It seems like the sun was shining right in front of it...thus I can see a bit of shadows on the left...I like it though, it give the shot some depth...
One thing I'd like is to see a shallow DOF to focus on the blue/aqua? glasspiece. Just an idea...TFS!

Mom2Drew said...

I think sculptures like this are so great, especially in gardens. The rust color is so cool. Can't wait to see more of that garden.

Mom2Drew said...

I just wanted to comment back on the question you asked me.

I did not use a tripod on these, but...tripods DO make things sharper and easier to manage when working with macro(in my opinion) It took me a while to get used to this lens, it does hunt a lot on AF. Using MF will help, but if it's windy...its really difficult. Thankfully it was clear and calm when I took my shots, so I didn't have to deal with it. This lens has given me the biggest learning curve out of all my lenses. I hope that helps a little. Now though...I love my macro!

Trisha said...

Beautiful artwork! That rust really shows up great!

Patti said...

Love the colour and the texture.

Lorrie said...

very cool yard art and nice capture of the textures.

Krissynae said...

What a great photo. Love the rusticness of the Sun. Great photo